Monday, February 11, 2008

Wrong child!

I was standing at the paint counter at Walmart today with my 3 yr old, Brooke, by my side. This lady was finishing up talking to the guy at the counter when she suddenly grabbed Brooke's arm and pulled her with her, calling her by a different name. I was stunned for a moment, then quickly hollered, "That's my daughter!". The lady turned around, looked at Brooke, and let her go as I grabbed her and swept her up in my arms. She profusely apologized and said she was with her daughter who is about the same size and thought it was her. Apparently her daughter had just wandered off. LOL Poor Brooke was shocked and worried. After a big hug and kiss she was fine though.

Tonight we were talking about it at the table and she enjoyed telling everyone about the "stupid lady at Walmart." Her words, not mine!

2 comments:

AnnalisaG said...

Even if it was perfectly harmless, that would have totally scared me! I'm glad Brooke wasn't too traumatized.

Jen said...

I'd be scarred too. Silly mom must have had a lot on her mind. (I LOVE the new look btw!)