Friday, February 2, 2007

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

My 2 yr old sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" at the top of her lungs at random times, including while shopping at the grocery store yesterday morning. She is really quite entertaining these days and also turning into a little interior decorator. Yesterday she scribbled on a bunch of pink post-it notes and put them one above the other on the side of our fireplace. When she couldn't reach any higher, she ran and got me and said "Can't reach". Which is when I discovered her decorations. Of course, I lifted her up so she could put the last two on. She's also a little fashion designer. She insists on putting her clothes on herself, yelling "My turn" if I try to do it. Don't be surprised if you see a toddler running around with her shirt on inside out and backwards, wearing a non-matching skirt, and moon boots.

Yesterday I was put back into the dark ages a.k.a. "life without the internet" because our DSL company had a system failure. A lot of people lost phone for the day and we lost internet. You'd think maybe I would decide to be productive and get some stuff done around here since I couldn't waste time online, but no, not really. If I didn't have a cold, that may have happened, but as it was I took a nap on the couch while my 2 yr old bounced on me while watching cartoons.

2 comments:

{krista} said...

I wondered what was up with all the post it notes on the fireplace when I looked through your pictures this morning... LOL That explains it.

My youngest used to sing "I am a child of God" at the top of her lungs at the store... that always got lots of looks.

Jenny said...

Oh yeah, LOL, I forgot to explain that. Hee hee She is so funny.