Monday, February 12, 2007

A Little to the Left

Sadie has a unique way of using the litter box. She scratches everything but the litter. She goes around the top rim of the litter box and scratches vigorously, turning as she goes. She even reaches out and scratches the top of the garbage can. But somehow she misses the litter & her stuff. That's okay though, because Samson is more than willing to bury her stuff along with his. He likes to dig a huge hole before he goes and then flings enough litter around to cover everything in there. It's quite hilarious to watch him dance around in there, making sure there's no evidence that he's been there. And he won't go unless there's plenty of litter. It got a little low yesterday after we cleaned it out and right after Mark put more litter in there, he made a be-line for the litter box. Probably wondered what took us so long. LOL
Samson is quite the wild kitty. We bought a kitty cube from Walmart a couple days ago and he likes to get in there and run around in circles, chasing his tail. (It's made of lightweight, tent-like material). He ends up flipping the cube over or scooting it across the floor. Whenever Sadie gets in there, he dives in on top of her and kicks her out. We bought another one at Walmart hoping to solve that problem, but now he just thinks they are BOTH his. ;-)

They like to wrestle and get quite a fight going sometimes. Just when I think they might be hurting each other, one of them runs away, then slinks back over and whacks the other one and it starts all over.

Mark asked me the other day if I felt like I was smiling more. You know, I am. And I know the kids are too.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Cat's can be so peculiar sometimes. Glad your enjoying them!

Kari said...

Happy Valentines Day, Jenny!!!!
Those kitties are so cute! You are braver than I am to take on pets. I'm just not ready yet, 5 kids is enough!! LOL

Jenny said...

Thanks V & Kari! They are a lot of fun. Not nearly as much work as I imagined either, Kari...you know you wanna get one. LOL ;-)

{krista} said...

our cat kept doing that, too.... and she'd sit on the edge of the box and miss about half the time. So we got one with a lid on it... saves extra clean up and smell, too! LOL

Sounds like you are loving your kitties, and they do have a way of making you smile more... at least mine does!