That's what my 2.5 yr old told me this morning when I tried to convince her how cool it would be to wear panties instead of diapers. I even bribed her with some candy or gum if she would just try to sit on the toilet. No go... I haven't actually made a chart with stickers yet or anything and I think we'll get a toy at Wal-mart and have her earn it with so many stickers. Hopefully, this week sometime, if I can get her to give up the diapers. LOL
She's still insisting on wearing her skirt or a dress everyday. We're going on week 3 of this. Most of those days she's worn the same pink skirt with different, often mismatched shirts that are on backwards. ;-)
Yesterday she stayed in nursery without a problem. This makes 2 weeks in a row! We had taken a couple months off previously due to a mixture of sickness and not wanting to deal with her crying the whole time she was in there. She has never liked nursery. A couple weeks ago she told me she wanted to go to nursery and play toys with the kids, so we went with that, and amazingly she had fun, sang the songs, and played with the kids like it was no big deal. I stayed until Relief Society started and left her in there for the second hour. Her teacher said she didn't cry at all. Yippee!! I figured she would just outgrow it like one of her sisters, who had the same problem. I'm sooooo glad.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH HOW I LONG FOR THE DAY, when my big boy 2yr old will want to stay in nursery all by himself. BIG SIGH. I can totally empathise with you there. Oh I wish they did stay babies some days.
My dd was still trying to convince me she was a baby and not a big girl at almost four... GOOD LUCK! it always seems like one day it just clicks... it did for her, and I hope it does for your dd as well!
Post a Comment