Life is amazing, isn't it? One day turns into another and it trudges along whether we're ready or not. Somehow those same hours can either drag on forever or race by without letting us catch our breath. Mine has been a little of both these past few months.
I had the slowest, longest day 9 days ago, the morning I found out a good friend had passed away. She was only 36, married with 3 young children, ages 14, 9, and 5. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last May and things suddenly escalated last fall, and time was against her. Now she's gone. Time stood still for me that day, as I contemplated death, heaven, motherhood, life, and grieved. I miss her!
One life can have a significant impact on others. I'm reminded that I need to do my best to make my life matter. And to take care of the life I have, the best I know how. I am truly blessed!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment