What is up with the weather here? Seriously, it has not been "normal" since we moved here, in any of the seasons. An early winter wind storm is expected to hit tomorrow afternoon with possible power outages. We've been planning on buying a generator anyway after the 3 day power outage we had last winter and since we heard about this storm coming in we decided to go ahead and get one today.
I got the best deal. I went looking at different stores with a neighbor today and we ran across a clearance deal at Home Depot on last years model of Briggs & Stratton generators. They retailed at $699 and we got them for $499. The last two. There were two men looking at these and some other newer models and when I walked up I knew they were exactly what I wanted and told the salesperson helping me. The men looked at me with an odd expression, maybe a glare, who knows. LOL But my friend and I snatched them from under their noses. Hee hee You snooze, you lose, they say!
Now I really hope we don't need them tomorrow, though! Especially b/c we don't have the Gen/Tran power switch hooked up yet and I'm not sure it would be able to power the furnace w/o that. I did order one for a great deal on Amazon today & it will be here Friday, but then we need an electrician to install it.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment