I got the most bizarre phone call today. It went like this...
Me: Hello?
Him: Jenny!!! (said in an overly enthusiastic voice)
Me: Yes, who is this?
Him: I'm calling from the Washington State Patrol Officers Organization (or something like that). But don't worry, you're not getting arrested or anything. *laughs heartily* So, how are you doing today?
Me: Fine, but we had a phone call from your organization just a couple months ago and we still don't have money to donate. I would appreciate it if you would please take us off your list and we will contact you if we want to donate money.
Him: Disconnects.
I'm appalled that charity organizations are resorting to using your first name as if they are a long lost friend. I'm sure it's because they are hoping I won't get automatically turned off as soon as they slaughter my last name, a sure give away that they are a solicitor. But the "unknown name" on my caller ID already warned me of the high likelihood of that, along with the long pause after I said hello and he connected. Instead of making me more likely to donate, this fake "long, lost friend" thing completely turned me off! Aaargghh
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment