Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Easter egg hunt & a freak late March snowstorm


Here's the kids at the ward Easter Egg Hunt...it went off as usual, with many tears. *sigh* Even though the organizers had designated areas for each age group, there weren't many adults supervising so the oldest kids quickly blitzed through their area and immediately went to the adjacent groups spot and cleared that area of eggs as well. Rebecca and Brianne don't like chaos and aren't very aggressive so one got none and the other got two. Just before we were getting ready to go someone started passing out a couple eggs each to those that didn't score big. Brooke did just fine though since she was one of the older ones in her age group and I was with her. Not sure if we'll be dumb enough to attempt this next year? ;-) I'm thinking our own backyard egg hunt is the only way to go.



It was so crazy to see my daffodils in full bloom, covered with snow, after Easter! It was heavy enough that their heads got buried and I had to gently dig them out. The kids loved it though! I think this was our 3rd or 4th fairly major snowstorm this season. That's a lot for Seattle!

1 comment:

AnnalisaG said...

Our ward Easter egg hunt turned out very similar. Sorry for your cute girls. What a disappointment.