Monday, March 3, 2008

Rebecca's concert, more painting, 2 lost teeth, and the rain is back!

Rebecca's 3rd grade concert was a couple of weeks ago. It was really cute and just the right length of time ;-). 45 min or so. They have been studying Africa and this was the theme of the music concert. They sang traditional songs, chants, played an African game in circles on the floor, and showed us their rhythm on the Congas.


















I knew our spring-like weather couldn't last long. We sure enjoyed our spurt of several days in the 60s though with lots of sunshine. Today it's 40s, rainy, and breezy. Perfect time for a trip to So. Cal. Mark and I are so excited to have our first ever anniversary get-away for 4 days to Catalina Island and other So. Cal destinations. We're celebrating 10 years. Wow! 5 days and counting!! (Thanks, Sara :-))

In other news, I've finished my latest painting spree, having recently painted the living room, hall, and finishing just last Saturday, the family room. I have now painted most of the downstairs, leaving just the piano room, office, and bathroom. I won't be getting to them for awhile. Here's a pic of the new color vs. old in the hall--new color is the outline. The family room is similar, but a couple shades darker.


Brianne lost 2 teeth just a day apart last week. It's amazing how it makes her look so much older.





And just for fun, this cute pic of Bri & Samson at bedtime.

No comments: